Monday, February 28, 2011

{five favorites}

Five food & bev things I'm loving right now:

1) TAZO Calm Herbal Infusion Full-Leaf Tea

I drink it in the morning, I drink it in the afternoon during the sleepy hours at work, heck I'd drink it at midnight if I wanted to (yep, it's caffeine free so it won't jeopardize any of my beauty rest).  As the tin says, it's a "comforting blend of chamomile, rose petals & soothing herbs."  As I say, it tastes like happiness.  And flowers.  But in a good way.  And how could you not love a teabag that is that pretty?

{so zen}

2) Cadbury Creme Eggs

Yep, it's officially Easter season.  Well, in the local Giant anyways.  I couldn't resist picking up a cute little four-pack of the classic Cadbury eggs today.  I've eaten them every year since I can remember, and I just can't get enough.  I know they're a love or hate thing for most people, but I'm definitely in the former of the two camps.  The first second you get through the milk chocolate and into that delicious and creamy center is like a little slice of heaven.  Yes, there are only three eggs in the picture.  Because I couldn't wait to eat the first one.
{easter came early this year!}

3) vitaminwater zero "rise"

I'm not usually a diet sports drink kind of girl (I always find the "fruity" taste too fake), but this stuff changed my mind.  And bonus, it's calorie free and packed with vitamins c, b, a, and e.  The orange flavor tastes authentic, it's a good alternative to soda and other void-of-any-real-nutrients flavored waters, and if you're lucky, you can score the bottles for just $1-a-pop at the grocery.  Frugal and fantastic.


{tastes like a million bucks}
4) Dried Cherries

My mama turned me on to craisins a couple years back, and they're awesome on salads, in muffins, etc.  But then I found the Mecca of all dried fruit: CHERRIES.  Sure, they're super expensive (my typical brand is $5 for five ounces, which translates to ~3.5 servings), but they're also somehow tart and sweet and superrrr addictive.  When I bought my first bag a few months ago, I finished it off in less than a day.  Roomies and I used them for the brie en croute cherry sauce during our dinner party last month.  Truth be told, I'm eating some right now.  I tell you, they're ubiquitous.

{sweet as candy}

 5) Girl Scout Cookies

Need I say more?  When toothy Victoria visited our office last month with her order form and her adorable smile, I couldn't help myself.  Most of my coworkers chipped in for a few boxes.  Most of those people also have families to share their heart attacks cookies with.  I bought five boxes.  I don't have a family.  I just have two roomies with more self control than I have.  Got the cookies a week ago today, and since then, I've eaten 39 tagalongs.  What can I say, chocolate and peanut butter are my weaknesses.  Put them together and I'm done.  Thank goodness those girl scouts only come a knockin' once a year.

{all that's left one week later}

So that's what I'm digging these days.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Want a tagalong?

No comments:

Post a Comment