Tuesday, February 15, 2011

{better than mrs. fields?}

So, I guess it's about time I give you that post I've been promising re: the oatmeal raisin cookies I made as part of happiness challenge #1 (courtesy of a goofy kid from Syracuse who lives across the street), huh?

Unlike the first time I put my baking cap on and made cookies (read about the meringue madness in last month's entries), this go-round, I followed the recipe to a T.  When Ina said jump, I asked how high.  Although, the only time I actually jumped was when I dropped a mixing bowl on the kitchen floor and it (totally unexpectedly!) shattered.  Who knew heavy duty plastic could break like that?!  Oopsie daisies.  Thankfully, said incident occurred after the cookie batter was safely in balls and baking away, so there was minimal mess (save the green plastic bits o' bowl on the floor of the kitch).

Well, the cookies turned out (according to the boys I made them for) ah-mazing with a capital "A."  I couldn't be happier.  Since a picture is worth a thousand words (and in this case I think it's truer than ever), here's how I documented the process.  Enjoy:

{ingredient army}
{pretty}
  
{rip}

{larger than life}

Moral(s) of the story?  1) Follow the recipe and everything will be smoother, tastier, better. 2) Cookies without chocolate can be good after all.  Yeah, I may have eaten one or two.  But as my mom used to say, "only to make sure they weren't poison."  Nice try, ma, I'm on to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment