Sunday, March 20, 2011

{mozart is my homeboy}

It's Sunday night.  As per usual, I'm drinking tea (sometimes substituted for wine), cleaning my room, and making a mental list of the errands to run/bills to pay/tasks to take care of during the upcoming week.  The not-so-typical part of this evening?  No re-runs of Kourtney and Kim take New York can be heard.  Nope, I didn't temporarily give up my E! obsession for March Madness.  Wake Forest isn't even in the tournament this year, damnit.  In fact, I'm about halfway through the second of four movements in Mozart's Symphony #40.

This happiness challenge comes courtesy of my dear old dad.  I guess he took a liking more to the "challenge" part than the "happiness" thing, although I do have to give my old man credit, this music is kinda good.  I keep laughing at myself because between folding t-shirts (I hate laundry) I keep swaying my head and air-conducting.  You know, waving my fingers in the air all goofy like as if I am conducting the symphony and it's not just streaming out of my dell.  I'm sure it's a funny sight to see.  Thankfully I'm alone in my room, and no one can actually see it.

Gotta give it to ya pops, this classical stuff is a nice change from rap.  It's full of passion, strength, and energy.  Not boring or stuffy at all.  And that's music to my ears. Hah. 

I'm officially done with Symphony 40 now, and I still have cleaning to do.  Heck, I may even listen to another.  Wolfgang would be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment